Friday, January 8, 2010

Crazyness?

Ok, so just a quick blog post because this is someone else's computer and i should really give it back!

This day has been crazy! In a good way though. I started off driving a van full of food and supplies to local villagers, from around 9am-1pm. Now, all the roads around here are dirt roads and are in very poor condition because it has been raining. So..i got to drive through dangerous tracks and i was driving vertical in a few places! But we managed to deliver supplies to around 13 different families in the morning. Just a quick insight: all the houses that I went to are mud houses and have no electricity, running water, toilets or even proper gutters...so it was quite an intense time, visiting strangers. Now I do have pictures but i once again forgot to bring them over so i'll post them on a latter blog post :p

After I got back at 1pm I had lunch and then a soccer game with all the other staff and volunteers here at the orphanage. It is a weekly thing (2pm every thursday) and all the kids love it! My team scored 4 goals..and i had the main assist in all goals :D. After that Ivan (the founder of MIA) and I tried to fix the wireless internet but we broke it by accident, so we called the internet guy who came and fixed it :). Hard to believe one minute i am giving bread and water to families with no clean drinking water..and the other minute i am fiddling around with a wireless network..

And then tonight the kids stole my wallet and everyone here at MIA spent around 30 minutes trying to find my missing debit card that someone had taken! But it has been found and all has been rectified :)

So a crazy day in all..very busy and lots of thoughts that I still need to place.

Hope all of you are well...thankyou Ryan and Ame for your last comments :D...and i'll try to get some pictures up soon.

Neil -

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Good to see you finally BLOGGING!! Missing you lots. I'll write a newsy email to you soon.

    XXXXXXXXX

    Neva

Post a Comment